The most common problem for young people are smartphones and the internet. Yes, they are very useful, but many people are addicted to them. This is a problem that usually hit children and young people. If you are a parent, you should pay attention to your child, in order to see is he hyper-connected. Hyper-connected means that a person is spending too much time on the internet. If your child is one of those people, you may need help. But, the first step is to determine is your son or daughter addicted to the internet. These are the most common symptoms.
1. If you notice that your child must answer on a text message or an email, immediately, there are high chances that he/she is hyper-connected. Of course, it this happens just sometimes, maybe that email or message is important. On the other side, if this happens all the time, there is a problem.
2. A Phantom Cellphone Syndrome is another symptom. This happens when a person believes that he/she received a message. A person looks at the cell phone, and see that there is no a new message.
3. If your child is not paying enough attention to the rest of a family, the reason may be the internet. This is the most common and the easiest to spot symptom.
4. When you take a smartphone away from your child and he gets upset or sad, there are high chances your child is hyper-addicted.
5. Poor performance is school is another sign. Children usually avoid studying, because they spend too much time on the internet.